cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EVPM script and USL

ashks2014
Level 5

Does anyone know if EVPM scripts will still run during a USL failover scenario? So if some folders are created by EVPM does that still work once EV has failed over to DR servers?

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

It sounds like you're asking not whether EVPM scripts will run during USL failover, but rather whether the effects created by the scripts will persist. If that's a misreading of your question, then the below does not apply. Otherwise...

Short answer:

Yes.

Long answer:

EVPM converts the settings you specify in the .ini file (the "script") into a settings that are stored in the Exchange mailbox, either in hidden filter messages or as MAPI properties. The EV archiving tasks will read these settings when they process the mailbox, even if EVPM is never run again. That is to say, the settings specified in your EVPM script are persisted in the Exchange mailbox.

This means that even if EV's services find themselves on an alternate machines on account of USL/Building Blocks or cluster failover or poltergeist activity or whatever, the tasks should still find your EVPM-created settings waiting in the mailbox and abide by them.

--Chris

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

"poltergeist activity" I like that!

Regards. Gertjan

Thanks Chris, that is what i meant to ask! So i'll assume unless proven otherwise once mailboxes are enabled for archiving the EVPM settings will still apply.

No poltergeists though :)