Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Journaling

Yobo
Level 5
Partner
Hi,

The objective I want to achieve is that if user 1 send email to user 2, the ev mailbox will received all the email regardless incoming or outgoing email.

What Must I do on the EV Side to tell the system  that EV mailbox is the journal mailbox? Do  I need to enabled anything on the exchange server site.

EV
1) Create new vault store  e.g journal store
2) In Exchange Journal , create archives and then select the journal store
3) Configure indexes to Full
4) In the permission tab of the journal archive, I add evadmin ( ev mail)  and grant read and write access.
5) Create a journaling task  and select the evadmin mailbox
6) In the Journal mailbox, i select evadmin mailbox
7) Create a provisioning group and select the OU.   Marketing

After all these has been configure,   there are 10 users in the selected  in the Marketing OU. If user 1 to to user 2 or user 2 to to other user in the marketing OU, none of the email is found in the exchange EV Mailbox? Why is this so? Have I misconfigure on the EV? Other than configuraiton on the EV,  is there anything I need to enabled on the exchange 2007 server?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello Christopher,

You have to configure Exchange to use the mailbox as journal mailbox.

On Exchange 2003:
In ESM, Administrative group, First Administrative Group, Ssyetm Policies, Mailbox Policy
On tab General, tick 'Archive all messages sent or receieved by mailboxes on this store', select the evadmin mailbox (btw, it is advisable to create a seperate Journal Mailbox), apply, ok

Then sent an email from account a to b.
This will show up in the journal mailbox.
Using journlaing, make sure you select to not create a shortcut.

If using only one store, you can set the journaling on the properties of the store.

Gertjan
Regards. Gertjan

Yobo
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

I'm using exchange 2007. Can you tell me more about how to do it?

By the way, what do you meant by  "Using journlaing, make sure you select to not create a shortcut.", and what is the implication on this?

Thanks

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Christopher

I highly recommend that you get an Enterprise Vault partner on board to assist you with the configuration.
It's not a trivial subject you have.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 I agree with MichelZ.

To ensure the sucess of your project you should have a partner work with you to help yo select your hardware and also implement the EV design in both test phase and full implementation