cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails will not archive from enabled mailbox in 8.0

Seth_Weedin
Level 4

I recently upgraded from EV 2007 to version 8.0 and the mailbox archive task will no longer archive the emails from this one particular mailbox that was part of the upgrade.  It was the only account I had enabled as I was testing EV and it worked fine in the previous version.  Ever since I upgraded, when I run the mailbox archive task in report mode, it gives a number for the emails that CAN be archived but under the heading "Number of items READY for archive", it lists 0 while every other user has a number under that heading.  The mailbox archive task will even create the archive for the user, but no emails from their mailbox will be archived to it.  No errors are shown in the event viewer either.  Is there a way to remove all EV properties from the mailbox so it will show up as a "new" mailbox when I go to enable it?  I've already tried the evpm zap script and this does not work either.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Seth

2 REPLIES 2

Seth_Weedin
Level 4

From the user's mailbox I mentioned in the post above, I tried storing a message in the vault from Outlook and get the following error on the EV server:

A problem has occurred while archiving a message.

The archived item was not found or is no longer archive pending.

Task: Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for "Exchange server name"

Message Title: [Not Available]

Internal reference: CArchivingAgent::ArchiveItemV35

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks!

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Can you please DTRACE the archivetrask when you try and archive an item and post.

To get it back to a status of new do the following:-

1. Disable from archiving

2. Open the exchangemailboxentry table within the enterprisevaultdirectory database within SQL.

3. Find the mailbox you are havinbg a problem with and look at the MbxArchivingstate column.

0 = New

1 = Enabled

2 = Disabled

So change from 2 to 0

4. Now run the enable mailbox wizard and your user will appear as new

Do not know if that will actually fix your problem though but the DTRACE might give me more of an idea