cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 10.0.2 API Runtime does not support Windows XP Professional SP2 or SP3

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello

Please don't judge me if this question sounds very "noob" like. But I wanted to confirm the statement from EV compatibility guide:

"Enterprise Vault 10.0.2 API Runtime does not support Windows XP Professional SP2 or SP3"

Does this means EV 10.0.2 Outlook client will not be supported OR workable on Windows XP machines? I don't have XP machine in my test lab to test with.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No judgement, we all had to start from scratch sometime.  :)

No, the Outlook Add-in will still work as long as you are Windows XP sp 3. 

The runtime is different from the client and used to connect programmatically to the EV Server.  For example, the Runtime can be installed on a DA server instead of the full EV server install.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

No judgement, we all had to start from scratch sometime.  :)

No, the Outlook Add-in will still work as long as you are Windows XP sp 3. 

The runtime is different from the client and used to connect programmatically to the EV Server.  For example, the Runtime can be installed on a DA server instead of the full EV server install.

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Thanks for confirmation Tony, I needed to writeup an upgrade document for client and needed to make sure that client is workable with Windows XP.

Just another quick confirmation, DA client will be independent of API Runtime right? i.e. will also work on Windows XP workstation?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

FWIW ..  the DA *client* doesn't need th runtime.

The runtime is a 'server side' component.

Working for cloudficient.com

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Thanks Rob. I apologize I've never dealt with Runtime components so wanted to be on sure side. (I feel such a noob atm :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No problem AKL ..  hope you're finding the forums a useful source of information.

Working for cloudficient.com