cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Add-In cannot be installed per-user

Norbert_M_
Level 4

Hello @ all

I'm using the Enterprise Vault 7.5 SP3 for archiving Exchange Server 2007 Mailboxes. I deployed the Outlook http-only add-on by Computer GPO which failed. Now (after a manual installation as an admin) the user gets the error-message: "Symantec Enterprise Vault HTTP-only Outlook Add-In cannot be installed per-user" this messages is combined with a msiexec Error in the Event-Log (same error message)....

When the user profile will be recreated, the problem has been solved. Because this is not always possbile (many profile settings, etc) I tried to install the full client, which was installed parallel... But, the error has left too. Why does this error occur?

Is there an known solution to solve it "easy"?

Thanks!

Norbert

4 REPLIES 4

Amit_Gupta
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified
I have seen this error come up when multiple instances of msi installer are running. From the task manager, if you end all the msi installers and reinstall addins, you may not get it.

Norbert_M_
Level 4
Hello Amit Thanks for your reply. No, this did not solve the problem. There are no other msiexec.exe running and a reinstall did also not help… Do you have solution and an idea about the cause? ThanksNorbert

Danny2008
Not applicable
I had this problem for some time but i finally figure out how to solve it.
The easiest way to fix it is to run the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility and uninstall the client using this tool
After that try to install it again and it will install fine.

MPR
Level 4

I ran into a similar issue after unintentionally trying to perform the add-in installation through Active Directory under a user policy.  The installation must be done under the computer policy.

As was mentioned, go on to a problem computer and remove the Symantec Enterprise Vault HTTP Add-in using the Windows Uninstall Cleanup Utility.  Then try the installation again and it should work fine.