cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 6 sp3 Properties using Windows 2000 w/ Outlook 2000

Philip_Hagan
Level 4
I seem to be having a problem accessing the Enterprise Vault properties page. The message I'm receiving is "Enterprise Vault is currently unavailable". All other features,i.e:archiving, restoring, archive explorer, are all functionaing properly.

I'm running Windows 2000 w/Outlook 2000 in a workgroup. I'm receiving authentication errors on the evault server "bad user name or password".

I tried all sorts of permutations without resolution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tks
Phil
6 REPLIES 6

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Have you added the EV servers to the trusted sites in IE? You really shouldn't be getting prompted for username/password.

micah

Philip_Hagan
Level 4
Yes. We've tried just about everything.

It's working with: Outlook 2000 on XP OR 2003 machines
Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000, XP or 2003 machines

but it refuses to work with Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000 machines.

The problem is we're a University and we still have several large departments on that last configuration. I think we're going to resign ourselves to admitting defeat and push them to upgrade ASAP.

Any last suggestions of what we might try would be helpful.

TIA

-Phil

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

I think there is perhaps a DCOM connectivitiy issue between the client and the server. Can you ping your vault site alias from the client PC?
Do you see DCOM errors in the event log on the client PC when trying to bring up folder properties?

Philip_Hagan
Level 4
Hi

Thanks for the suggestions.

The site alias can be pinged, no problem and there are no DCOM errors in the logs.

-Phil

Alan_M
Level 6
Try using the MS utility RPCPing from one of the problem workstations.

Philip_Hagan
Level 4
After discussions with Symantec support, it appears the full plug-in is not fully functional outside of an AD domain. Users outside the domain have to use RPC/HTTP or the self installed user extensions, neither of which allows access to the properties page.

Thanks for all your input.

PH