cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User has multiple vaults

Tony_Uren
Level 4
Hey guys,

Complete newbie to EV and am having an issue. For whatever reason there seems to be multiple vaults associated with a handful of users. In our environment a user should only have 1 vault.

When checking the properties of the vaults in the Advanced tab it shows oldest/youngest archive item. The second associated vault had these values as 'not set'. My assumption was the 'not set' vault could be deleted. Then when I attempted a pst migration it failed - it was looking for the deleted vault. In the advanced tab it does show the vaultid - a really long number. Is there anyway of determining the user associated with this vaultid ? How do I determine the 'active' vault ?

ps. I did rectify this by exporting the 'inactive vault', disabling the mailbox, deleting the vault, re-enabling the mailbox and inporting the pst.

thanks
1 REPLY 1

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
Tony,
The fix you indicated (disable/re-enable) is the typical way to reassign an archive to a vault. So you're all good in that regard, and can use that method to help you fix any other archives that are stuck in that state.

The only way I know of figuring out what other archives are associated to the old vault id is to run an SQL script to do the reporting. I'll stop there before I describe my roundabout method, and give someone else a chance to toss in a cluefull response that might be easier to implement.

micah