cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault 9.0.5 A5 Message Queue

Elio_C
Level 6

Hi,

We recently had to stop archiving suddenly and for an extended period. The A5 queues were still populated with pending mailboxes.

While archiving was stopped mailbox moves and deletions occured as normal. We have 4 Exchange mailbox servers and 2 Archiving servers.

Now I have resumed archiving I noticed that the A5 queue is not emptying and if anything is growing. Troublshooting I noticed it contains deleted mailboxes and mailboxes which are now being processed by other queues.

My query is, can I purge the queue to start afresh?

I have read other posts and while it seems possible (stop services, purge queues) I get the impression it's not recommended or supported?

Any responses would be helpful.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

A_J1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi,

==> yes you can. Stop the Enterprise Vault Storage Service and then Purge the A5 queue and start the EV Storage Service.

you can purge the A5 if required in certain cases as it contains your Mailbox which will be processed by EV as per the archiving policy.

We always suggested customer not purge the A1 queue as it is used for post processing.

I hope this helps !!!

Regards,

A_J

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

A_J1
Level 6

Hi,

==> yes you can. Stop the Enterprise Vault Storage Service and then Purge the A5 queue and start the EV Storage Service.

you can purge the A5 if required in certain cases as it contains your Mailbox which will be processed by EV as per the archiving policy.

We always suggested customer not purge the A1 queue as it is used for post processing.

I hope this helps !!!

Regards,

A_J

Elio_C
Level 6

Thanks you A_J

I'll give this a try and assuming it goes smoothly and I have no follow up queries will mark your post as answer.

A_J1
Level 6

Sure, Let me know incase you have any issues.

A_J1
Level 6

Hi EC at TW,

Do you need any further help !!!

Elio_C
Level 6

Thanks A_J,

I can't get the downtime to stop the services at the moment. Based on your information and other posts I believe your suggestion will be fine however I cannot verify at this time.

Thanks again for the assistance.