cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Exchange Permissions & Outlook Add-in

Dragon22
Level 2

I have setup a test environment at home for Symantec Enterprise Vault v11.0 (with 30 day trial lisence) on Windows Servr 2008 SP2, Exchange 2007 and SQL Server 2012. I have set up the required e-mail accounts and public folders. Set up the required Mailbox Archiving Tasks in EV and ran the
 .\SetEVExchangePermissions.ps1 script against the VSA account in Exchange Power shell which has ran succesfully, however I am still having problems with the Exchange permissions when I try to run the Mailbox Archiving Task as it fails

I have ran the deployment scanner again to get more info and I get the "user does not have the required permissions (including 'send as' and 'receive as') on the following Mailbox Stores and Public Folder stores on WIN-B1QH8FE69VN.TOSHTECH.COM: Organizational Forms;Mailbox Database"

I am also having issues with the Outlook Add-in as it doesnt load the Valkyrie.dll in Outlook 2007 client. I have tried numerous work arounds for this but I still cant get it to load. Any help would be apprecaited

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

GabeV
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi Dragon22,

You can check the permissions manually using ADSIEdit:

How to set Exchange permissions for the Vault Service Account manually using ADSIEdit
http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH199896

Also, check the VSA permissions over the system mailbox in Exchange and make sure send as/receive as were applied correctly.

Nate_D1
Level 6
The valkyrie.dll fix is very easy, just copy the OUTLVBS.dll file from any working outlook 2007 install (like I took the one from my desktop) and copy it into the same directory as 'outlook.exe' (should be the OfficeXX\ folder)

Dragon22
Level 2
Hi GabeV and Nat.D Thank you for the info I will give it a go later this morning and see how I get on..

Dragon22
Level 2

Hi GabeV,

I used the ADSIEdit to check the VSA exchange permissions and all looked ok, I then logged into the admin console and double checked the provioning group to make sure the targets are listed. Checked the Exchange Provisioning and Mailbox archiving task were running.. I ran the enable mailbox for archiving wizard to see if I had the permissions to manually add the mailbox's, I succesfully added 2 x mailbox's which archived succesfully to the vault store. However since then I am unable to succesfully add or remove mailbox's, I have checked the permissions yet again and the event log and it states:

Log Name:      Symantec Enterprise Vault
Source:        Enterprise Vault
Date:          12/09/2014 09:16:25
Event ID:      2256
Task Category: Archive Task
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      WIN-B1QH8FE69VN.TOSHTECH.COM
Description:
The Archiving Task 'Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for WIN-B1QH8FE69VN' could not be started due to startup errors.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://entced.symantec.com/entt?product=ev&language=english&version=11.0.0.0&build=11.0.0.1351&error...
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Enterprise Vault " />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49156">2256</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>19</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-09-12T08:16:25.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>4185</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Symantec Enterprise Vault</Channel>
    <Computer>WIN-B1QH8FE69VN.TOSHTECH.COM</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task for WIN-B1QH8FE69VN</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

One thing I have noticed is the send as permission for the VSA account seems to remove itself? not sure why this would happen? I will of course follow up theh tech notes form the event viewer log but would appreciate any further advise..