Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Licensing

richardsantos
Level 5
Partner Accredited

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Enterprise Vault Product. I would like to know what are the licenses for the following

1. 100 TB of unstructured data in their 5 File Servers and 9 Sharepoint Server farms

2. 2013 Exchange Servers configured in a two-node DAG. It has 3000 email users and they want an email archiving solution with capability to capture all incoming and outgoing emails in near real time.

thank you in advanced

3 REPLIES 3

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Rick,

You will need the following licenses;

• 100 TB File Management (tiered) licenses - this includes both File and SharePoint Archiving (if you are looking to have DataInsight included, you may go for File Governance licenses which are also licensed per FE TB) - the number of File / SharePoint servers doesn't matter
  • 3000 users Email Management licenses - for email archiving for the end user mailboxes
  • 3000 users Archive Discovery licenses - includes journal archiving and eDiscovery

To get the correct band, speak with your local Veritas Partner or Veritas account manager. Let me know if you need more info.

--Virgil

GertjanA

3000 email users and they want an email archiving solution with capability to capture all incoming and outgoing emails in near real time

If they do not want enduser MAILBOX archiving, you can skip the Email Management License. If they only seek archiving for ALL in/out mail. Journal Archiving and E-discovery license is required.

If enduser mailbox archiving is required, be aware that you do not require a license for non-personal mailboxes (i.e. Group/Functional/Resource/system) As Virgil says, talk to a partner or the account manager.

Regards. Gertjan

VirgilDobos

Hi Rick, any more help required on this?

--Virgil