cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault Service Account and Corresponding Database Security Permissions

DP
Level 4
What database level privileges does the Enterprise Vault service account require for optimum application functionality?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
For Installing, Upgrading, and action that requires creating a new database like enabling Auditing or creating a new Vault Store EV needs DB Creators.

From the Install and Config guide:

"The Vault Service account must have a SQL login account, with Database Creators permission, for the SQL Server"

When the application creates the databases it will make the VSA the DBO of the databases. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
For Installing, Upgrading, and action that requires creating a new database like enabling Auditing or creating a new Vault Store EV needs DB Creators.

From the Install and Config guide:

"The Vault Service account must have a SQL login account, with Database Creators permission, for the SQL Server"

When the application creates the databases it will make the VSA the DBO of the databases. 

DP
Level 4
I moved the databases from one SQL 2005 Server to another, but the DB Administrators did not assign the DBO permission to the service account.  According to your previous explenation, the DBO permission is needed.  Correct?

Also, when I create/modify the System DSN's to make sure EV is pointing to the new database, should I use the service account or the SQL "sa" account?

Thanks!

TonySterling
You should refer to this technote:

Yes VSA should be dbo.