Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault not ingesting e-mails after volume increase

leod1
Level 3

I have old Enterprise Vault

Symantec Corporation

Version: 9.0.0.1193
It ran out of space and I had to increase Raid partition and volume size. Now drive partition has more than1TB space available but archiving does not start. I opened last available vault store partition and set rollover based on volume when it reaches 999Gd free. Enterprise Vault not ingesting e-mails. Any ideas? Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

This means that one or more of the partitions cannot be accessed by EV. Can you check and confirm all LUNs hosting vault store partitions are mounted and accessible?

--Virgil

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

VirgilDobos

Hi there,

Are all the EV services started? Are there any items stuck in the MSMQs? 

--Virgil

All but Enterprise vault storage service are up and running, storage service starts and shuts down right away.

VirgilDobos

That is the reason. Archiving cannot take place if the Storage service is down.

Check the Enterprise Vault event viewer for errors you get when starting the service.

--Virgil

Thank you for helping me. I have 2 errors:

ONE :The

The verification of Partition Network Shares failed.
Info: The device or directory does not exist. [0x80070844]

SECOND:There

There was an error verifying a Partition Network Share.

Error: The device or directory does not exist. [0x80070844]

Details of the last partition that was processed:
VaultStore: DOEVS1
Partition: DOEVS1 Ptn1
Partition Root Path: H:\Enterprise Vault Stores\DOEVS1 Ptn1
Secondary Storage Location: none

I already have 20 partitions from Ptn1 to Ptn20. I made Ptn20 opened

I can create another partition manually, and make it open, unfortunately,  i can not redirect jobs to look at them.

VirgilDobos

This means that one or more of the partitions cannot be accessed by EV. Can you check and confirm all LUNs hosting vault store partitions are mounted and accessible?

--Virgil

Yes, they are, I think it is XML configuration file pointing to the wrong drive. Can you tell me where to find it and if there is any danger if I edit it?

VirgilDobos

Can you set up a DTRACE of the StorageServer and StorageManagement processes, then restart the Storage service to generate the errors and post results here?

--Virgil

I was able to change drive location pass for the volume. All services are running and journaling ingesting e-mails again. backlog  is shrinking. Thank you for your help again