cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise Vault wont archive new users

hystad
Level 4

Hey

I`ve got a problem with Enterprise Vault.

A long time ago we made some new users that replaced old usersnames. We disconnected the old users from the exchange mailboxes and connected the new users to their existing exchange mailbox.

Now i want to archive these users for the first time, but Enterprise Vault only makes the archive but it dosent archive the mail. 

Then i saw something strange in the event log after i enabled the users. Since ive deleted the welcome message in exchange i get an error in the event log and in the error it referes to the old username thats deleted long ago.  Im not sure if thats why it wont archive. All the archives have the right permissions. 

Could somone help me out? Exchange is 2003

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

hystad
Level 4

It was my own fault , i forgot to set quota on the exchange server. My enterprise vault Archive based on quota. But thanks for trying to help me out.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Twinkle
Level 4

Fitrsly check the policy assinged to the new user . You can do that by going to VAC ->Expand targets and right Click  on Exchange and select display polcy assinged to the mailboxes.

Did you performa ny synchronization of the mailboxes Via mailbx archving task ? if yes was it sucessful ?

hystad
Level 4

It was my own fault , i forgot to set quota on the exchange server. My enterprise vault Archive based on quota. But thanks for trying to help me out.