Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enterprise vault supports blackberry internet services and enterprise server

Noor_Shaikh
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear All,

I am little bit confused about the EV9/10 to support blackberry sevices, can EV9/10 supports blackberry so we can archive emails from blackberry devices. is it possible ?

Thanks

Noor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

I hope this is a more informative answer to Noor's question above.

There's a company called Common Desk (www.commondesk.com) that makes a program called ARCviewer. It runs as a server and talks between EV and BES. It also has a special client for the Blackberry so that your users can do many of the EV functions from their handheld device.

This follows Symantec's new direction of focusing on the core capabilities of EV and turning to specialized partners (STEP program) to create and develop technology to complement the product based on demand from the customers. This is especially noticable in the mobile access and social media archiving areas.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Nick_White
Level 6
Employee

There isn't an Enterprise Vault client available for Blackberry that would allow you to manually archive items directly from the device, so no, this isn't possible

AndrewB

Noor, while there isn't native support in EV, Symantec has partnered with another company to provide exactly what you're asking for. Feel free to contact me directly for more information on this.

Noor_Shaikh
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks Nick & Andrew

AndrewB

I hope this is a more informative answer to Noor's question above.

There's a company called Common Desk (www.commondesk.com) that makes a program called ARCviewer. It runs as a server and talks between EV and BES. It also has a special client for the Blackberry so that your users can do many of the EV functions from their handheld device.

This follows Symantec's new direction of focusing on the core capabilities of EV and turning to specialized partners (STEP program) to create and develop technology to complement the product based on demand from the customers. This is especially noticable in the mobile access and social media archiving areas.

Noor_Shaikh
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Thanks AndrewB :) I am marking it as solution.