cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Event ID 3230, Event ID 6336 and Event ID 3196 showing up

A_T_2
Level 4
We are running into some more problems. In our application logs three Event ID's are showing up.
Event ID 3230 description is Timed out whilst wainting for the MAPI profile mutex. Then is list our exchange server,
MutexName:EnterpriseVaultProfileNutex with the Vault ID
Reason: wait_timeout.

Event ID 6336 description: Error storing Saveset as Vault is not available.

Event ID 3196 description: An error has whilst synchronizing the properties of mailbox.
15 REPLIES 15

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Reboot?

A_T_2
Level 4
Tried that....

David_Messeng1
Level 6
We get lots of 3196s. Probably best to ignore them.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
What's the full test for the 6336?

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Andrew,
This could be either a storage problem or a communications problem with the exchange mailbox. Do a dtrace on the archive service (id 4) and post the results.

micah

David_Messeng1
Level 6
have you tried re-enabling the vault?

A_T_2
Level 4
How do you re-enable the vault?

David_Messeng1
Level 6
same way as you enabled it in the first place

A_T_2
Level 4
Micah

What info do you want to see off of the trace??

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
David,
Re-enable the vault? That's got me confused too. I didn't think you could disable a vault. :)

As far as the trace is concerned, capture the archivetask service output (medium, events) to a log file. Start it, try the failed op again, and then stop it. Post the log here and I'll try to go through it.

micah

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Disable? Yeah. If you disable and then re-enable if might throw up a more meaningful error.

Tools - Disable Mailboxes in the VAC. When you enable thru the VAC you have to click the "Show Disabled" box.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,
That error (mapi mutex timeout) means some kind of problem with connecting to exchange.

This can happen to due to leaks in MAPI. Double check that you are following 'mapi best practise'. so that means ensuring all the archiving AND retrieval services are stopped each night (at the same time) before they are then restarted.

David_Messeng1
Level 6
Add the KVS Service Account into the Local Admins group on the Exchange server?

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Yeah,
I'm with david on this one...it'd look at a permissions and/or delegation level issue vs a mapi leak. Definately make sure the delegation for the storage group has been set correctly, and that the VSA can communicate to the exchange server.

I've also seen weird errors like that if a client has differening communication equipment in the path. For example, I spent a day troubleshooting an exception error that was thrown. Turns out there were "WAN accelerators" in the path, and they screwed everything up. Turned them off, and vaulting worked like a charm.

micah

A_T_2
Level 4
Thank you guys for all of the info. The errors are no longer coming up. Early Sunday morining the Agents were started and stopped and everything has been working fine. I stopped and starts those services a couple of times last week go figure. Thanks again.