cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during Enterprise Vault configuration

MadAsToast
Level 3

Hi All,

Hoping someone might be able to help with a configuration issue.

I have installed enterprise vault and started the configuration, about 2/3rds of the way thru I had issues with configuring the FQDN of the vault I decided on a reboot to clear the issues, once I started to run the configuration again I get the same constant error on step 1 when it tries to start the vault services, the installer seems to hang for a short while then returns an error "The Vault Directory Service failed to start" looking at the event viewer shows a database error, which is kind of strange this early in the configuration. 

An error was detected while accessing the Vault Database 'EnterpriseVaultDirectory' (Internal reference: .\ADODataAccess.cpp (CADODataAccess::ExecuteSQLCommand) [lines {1379,1381,1396,1428}] built Jun 20 23:03:23 2007):

Description:

Invalid object name 'DirectoryEntry'.

SQL Command:
SELECT SchemaVersion FROM DirectoryEntry

Additional Microsoft supplied information:

Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Number: 0x80040e37
SQL State: 42S02
Native Error: 00000208
HRESULT0x80040e37

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

A couple of questions that immediately spring to mind that I cant seem to resolve in the manuals.

1)  What permissions does the service account require to  database?

2)  How can I "wipe the slate clean" and start a fresh configuration as the "wizard" see's that I have started and wont start "fresh" (I dont have permissions to delete the database)

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

patrickkuah
Level 6

EV service account need the DBcreator role in SQL. This because during the configuration wizard, it will created the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

You can uninstall Enterprise Vault and start again, but make sure you make the permssion to the SQL DB.

You can run the deployment scanner prior the EV Installation. it will check for all neccessary pre-req and SQL is one of them...

regards,

patrickkuah

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

patrickkuah
Level 6

EV service account need the DBcreator role in SQL. This because during the configuration wizard, it will created the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

You can uninstall Enterprise Vault and start again, but make sure you make the permssion to the SQL DB.

You can run the deployment scanner prior the EV Installation. it will check for all neccessary pre-req and SQL is one of them...

regards,

patrickkuah