Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in EV Server configuation

Chan_Sum
Level 3
Hi, All

My Server is windows 2003 eng sp1, install ev6 sp2

I had follow the installation guide and create the SQL login in SQL2005
When i run the deployment scanner,error msg warn me the SQL permission as follow:

"Enterprise Vault requires database creator or higher permissions on SQL Server. Please refer to the section 'Creating a SQL login' in the Installing & Configuring guide.

Test Failed for the following reason:Database 'EnterpriseVaultPreReqChecker' already exists. "

What is the database EnterpriseVaultPreReqChecker, i haven't learned it in my instlation guide...

And i ignore the warning, go ahead to install ev6, and get problem in configuration, and warn me there the vault service account do not have enough privilleges..

Any assistance is helpful

THX a lot :
1 REPLY 1

Alan_M
Level 6
The Enterprise Vault Service Account needs to be a local admin and have db creator rights on the SQL server prior to installation. Add the EV account that you created to the local admins group. Also to be certain add the account to the built in SQL Server group DBCreator. These permissions can be removed after installation although the EV account must always be a DBOwner for the dbs it creates.