cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error installing eVault 2007 SP3 on a 64-bit file server

DOS_2_11
Level 3
Warning - this version of Enterprise Vault does not support VCS clusters running on a 64-bit operating system.

This is on an install - I haven't loaded anything yet, so why am I getting this error?  The server is not part of a cluster.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
EV is NOT supported to be installed on 64-bit.

Check the link for the Compatibiltiy tables. 

I just edited this as I posted incorrectly.  It isn't supported.  Sorry for the confusion.

Message Edited by Tony Sterling on 06-04-2008 07:53 AM

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

TonySterling
EV is NOT supported to be installed on 64-bit.

Check the link for the Compatibiltiy tables. 

I just edited this as I posted incorrectly.  It isn't supported.  Sorry for the confusion.

Message Edited by Tony Sterling on 06-04-2008 07:53 AM

DOS_2_11
Level 3
Thanks for the Reply Tony, but what I really need to know is how to get past the error.  The install bombs out at this error.  I haven't found anything in the Symantec documentation about the error and how to resolve it.     

Maquiladoras
Level 4
Employee
I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure i've seen this when the "Network Load Balancing" is installed and running in the TCP/IP connection properties of the network card, try unchecking it and try the install again and see if it gives you any other results

TonySterling
Sorry for the confusion I corrected my earlier post.

Maquiladoras
Level 4
Employee
Actually per the compatibility guide you can install Enterprise Vault 2007 and 7 SP1 on Windows 2003 64bit Edition using WOW64.

The FSA Placeholder service will run in native 64bit mode for EV2007 only

DOS_2_11
Level 3
Thanks for the suggestion but that wasn't it.  Network Load Balancing was loaded on the NIC card but was not enabled.  The server has a RAID 5 disk controller - could this be the issue?  I haven't loaded any clustering software so I'm confused why this would pop up on an install.

Maquiladoras
Level 4
Employee
My apologies, you have to remove NLB by uninstalling it from the server, simply unchecking is not enough

TonySterling
Maybe I misunderstood, so just for clarification, are you installing EV core components or are you simply installing the placeholder service on the Server?