cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error to recover files - event id:24491

Martins
Level 3
Hi people

I did a lab before a migration that I need to do on the production enviromment. In this lab (Vmware) the actual server file is a W3K SP1 and the new file server is a W3k R2. After I did the migration (I transfered a vitual Hd from the Old to the new file server) I realized the the shortcuts didn't work more. I followed the  steps that I read before (IE configuration, Installed the PlaceHolder in the new server, put the same name and IP in the new server, I make a archive process from the EV server with success after the migration and the key copy of the regedit from the old server to the new server.).
when I try to access the file by the shortcut appears the following message in the event viewer.

Source: Enterprise Vault        Event ID: 20491

I get to restore the files from the IE. The problem only happens from the shortcuts.

Anybody have any idea about it? are there other steps with the W3k R2? Well, I used the same EV PlaceHolder version (6.0).

I have to make the same migration process on the production enviromment next weekend.

Any help is welcome!!!

Thanks a lot

Martins

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Hanson
Level 6
Employee
Did you do anything to repair or recreate the Archive point?

Have a look at the documentation on FSAUtility

Martins
Level 3
Rob,

Where may I find documentation about it?

Tks

Martins

Peter_Ayoun
Level 4
Partner
in the documentation folder from the EV setup kit, you have a utility.pdf file that describes the fsautiliy tool.
Do not hope too much with this tool, it will be improved in the 7.5 version (~june).

Peter

Martins
Level 3
Hi people

The procedure below solved the problem

Thanks a lot

Martins