cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Errors when trying to move folders in Virtual Vault

NaturesRevenge
Level 5

EV904. Exchange 2010. Outlook 2010.

We're performing a company-wide PST migration effort, using EVPM. The content gets migrate with a PST retention value of one year. We have EVPM-created managed folders that have Centera retention values of 3 years, 5, 7, etc. After the PST migration, users are instructed to either be okay with a one year retention, or reclassify by moving them into these other folders.

We have reports that when attempting to move these folders, Outlook whines that "You cannot move this folder because it exists in your mailbox. If you delete the folder from your mailbox, you can move the folder within your Virtual Vault. You may not be able to move the folder for some time after you delete it from your mailbox, because Enterprise Vault has to update both your online vault and your Virtual Vault. In this case, try again later."

This error does make sense but it is not applicable in this scenario. The PST subfolder they're trying to move does not exist in their Exchange mailbox. 

Thank you for any insight!

AJ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

NaturesRevenge
Level 5

Turns out a successful Vault synchronization apparently resolves this problem. I apologize for my premature pleas for assistance! :)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

It could be that the higher level folder exists in the mailbox?

Working for cloudficient.com

NaturesRevenge
Level 5

Turns out a successful Vault synchronization apparently resolves this problem. I apologize for my premature pleas for assistance! :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Glad you got it sorted out.

Working for cloudficient.com