Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ev 11 to 12 Migration SMTP Configuration

vaultlearner
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

We are Migrating (2008r2) EV 11.0.1 cf5 to Ev 12.0 (2012r2). 

Ev 11.0.1 customer using SMTP Journal. And I already Installed New EV 12.0 installed SMTP component(But not  configured both Ev and SMTP setting). Do I need to any extra configuration after Success Migration?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

vaultlearner
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I opened case Veritas they inform me about all setting will come from source server.

and for extra: 

"You need to look out for is if you had a Security Certificate specified on the Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 server. You can find this out by going to the Vault Administration Console. Target - SMTP and right click and select properties. Then under Connection Security, if you have either of the 2 options that say "Allow Encrypted". You will need to make sure that the Security Certificate is imported on the New EV server also. This is imported In the Properties of the SMTP target in the Vault administration console."

"Additionally, If you are using Address re-writing for the the SMTP journal address. These alias files will need to be moved over to the new server. Below is a link to an article that will provide you with details on what address rewriting is and how it is configured. This will help you determine if they have it setup or not."

Thanks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

vaultlearner
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hello,

I opened case Veritas they inform me about all setting will come from source server.

and for extra: 

"You need to look out for is if you had a Security Certificate specified on the Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 server. You can find this out by going to the Vault Administration Console. Target - SMTP and right click and select properties. Then under Connection Security, if you have either of the 2 options that say "Allow Encrypted". You will need to make sure that the Security Certificate is imported on the New EV server also. This is imported In the Properties of the SMTP target in the Vault administration console."

"Additionally, If you are using Address re-writing for the the SMTP journal address. These alias files will need to be moved over to the new server. Below is a link to an article that will provide you with details on what address rewriting is and how it is configured. This will help you determine if they have it setup or not."

Thanks.