cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event ID 41291- Days since Exchange mailboxes scanned for new items

ev_crazy
Level 4

I'm using the same title as a prvious post. It is spot on. My archiving tasks stopped working on the 16th. Everything was fine until then.

So far.
Journaling still works.
The four tasks I have are not in report mode.
There are enabled mailboxes to have items collected for all four tasks.
I can run the archiving tasks in report mode and they show lots of users and items to collect.
If I try to manually archive an e-mail it shows the pending icon but then reverts to a normal icon in Outlook.
I checked the backup mode using the powershell script and it shows the Vault stores and Indexes as backup mode "False".
I can manually sync a single user without error.
This problem is for everyone.

The only change I can think of over the past few days is we attemtpted to switch our backup software from Legato to CommVault. Commvault's archive bit feature wasn't working so EV thought it wasn't getting backed up. I switched over to the powershell scripts for backing up sometime ago before migrating to version 9.0.2. I did still have the legacy registry entries until recently. I removed the ones noted in the tech document, this was after the trouble started though.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ev_crazy
Level 4

Resolved. Last week we had the mailbox vault store partition become full. We don't have auto rollover. My coworker added space and set the new partition to the "ready" state as opposed to "open". Once we changed to open manually archived items would stay.

Thank you for all your time and help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Did you verify your Site Schedule or Schedule on the tasks is set to run at appropriate times?

Make sure your backup scripts are putting EV in backup mode before your Schedule archive run.

ev_crazy
Level 4

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not that great with EV so I want to  make sure I'm using the correct terms.

The backup jobs (to tape) run at 3:15am. I have the indexes and stores go into backup mode at 2am event ID 7319 and 7060. They come out of backup mode at 6am event ID 7320 and 7081.

Under the Mailbox Archiving task properties. On the schedule tab use site setting is not selected. Run at selected times is. 6am to 6pm is white the rest is blue. Interval is set at 1 hour.

Thanks

TonySterling

So on the mailbox task it looks like this? Or is the Use site  setting checked?

If yes, then based on what you wrote above you need to change this.  What is blue is when Schedule Archving occurs, so you would want to stop at say 01:30 to let EV finish up before you go into backup mode at 02:00.

ev_crazy
Level 4

I see what you're saying about the scheduling but my biggest issue is new items ready to be archived won't. When I manuualy select to archive the icon looks pending but just reverts back to normal. People are starting to call because their mailboxes are filling up.

TonySterling

Sorry, I missed that bit in your original post.  Are there any errors in you EV event log when you try and manually archive?

ev_crazy
Level 4

No, that's also what somewhat puzzling. I'm afraid I may have to pursue this:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/days-exchange-mailboxes-scanned-new-items

Seems like a solution without a cause.

TonySterling

Well try this, do a run now in normal mode for 1 mailbox for say 10 items.  See what happens then.

Also in your report, what does it show the mailbox state as being?

One last thing, check your provisioning task report, are there any errors in it?

ev_crazy
Level 4

I ran the task on a user with 30 items which was the smallest I could find. The tasked kicked off with a msg box stating Processing sucessfully launched for : username followed by Processing failed to launch: none.

I ran the task in report mode a few minutes later and it shows he now has 41 items needing archiving. His mailbox shows enabled.

The provisiong tasks look okay. They're large. I found the user i tried and he was in there. At the end of his line it said Updated Mailbox.

TonySterling

Do you have any folders in Message Queuing with numbers in them?  If yes, which ones?

ev_crazy
Level 4

No

ev_crazy
Level 4

Resolved. Last week we had the mailbox vault store partition become full. We don't have auto rollover. My coworker added space and set the new partition to the "ready" state as opposed to "open". Once we changed to open manually archived items would stay.

Thank you for all your time and help.