cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event Log error 77 on EV Server?

rick87
Not applicable
Hi all,

This is my first post as I can't find any good info on the Internet as yet.

We have an EV 7.0 SP1 server running on a Win 2k3 R2 O/s.
We run SQL 2k SP4 and Exch 2k3 SP2

I have started seeing many error messages of the following form:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Accelerator Service Processor
Event Category: None
Event ID: 77
Date:  30/08/2007
Time:  22:44:22
User:  N/A
Computer: (our server name)
Description:
APP AS - Customer ID: -1 - Error in  customers synchronising thread. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
   at KVS.Accelerator.Configuration.Customer.GetDS(Int32 CustomerID, String VirtualDirectory, String VaultID, String Version, Int32 ServerID, CustomerState State)
   at KVS.Accelerator.Configuration.Customer.GetDS(Int32 CustomerID)
   at KVS.Accelerator.Common.TasksModuleInfo.DoUpdateCustomer()
   at KVS.Accelerator.Common.TasksModuleInfo.UpdateCustomer()
For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Has anyone seen this error message before?
My SQL is not very good so I'm unsure of where to look on the SQL Server, if the problem lies there?

Any help would be appreciated.

Keep up the good posts

Mark

Sorry but I initially set this to display at the top of the board and can't seem to set this to not display at the top anymore.

Message Edited by rick87 on 08-31-2007 03:32 AM

Message Edited by rick87 on 08-31-2007 03:34 AM

Message Edited by rick87 on 08-31-2007 03:36 AM
2 REPLIES 2

MarkBarefoot
Level 6
Employee
You should take a look at this technote, http://support.veritas.com/docs/287988. See if your SQL configuration is correct. The error is stating it cannot connect to the SQL server.

Check the ODBC connections for any spelling mistakes etc. Also check in the acceleratorservice.config file the sql server name is correct

Mark.

Taylor_Made
Level 3
You may want to post to the Discovery Accelorator forum because this is EV only.  In essence they are 2 separate products and are supported entirely different.