cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2000 OWA Extension Install Problem (2147217895)

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
I am running into similar problems I see my Exchange 2003 colleagues have had with OWA extension installation.

I am running a Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 Active/Passive Cluster. When I run Program Files\Enterprise Vault\OWA\BackEnd2000Setup.wsf on the active cluster, I get a series of errors. My internal and smtp domains are the same. I tried running backend2000setup.wsf from a command line and pointed it to 2 different domain controllers and I enabled one of the systems mailboxes and made sure it was visible in the address book. No change. We don't have multiple root schema folders. (Just covering what I saw in prior postings)

The 2 error messages which I think relevant are:

ERROR: Failed to get Exchange server from Active Directory, found 0 matching entries.

and

ERROR: ADO connection error: -2147217895 Object or data matching the name, range, or selection criteria was not found within the scope of this operation.
ERROR: Failed to make ADO connection to: http://NTMAIL/exadmin/admin/nthp.org/mbx/SystemMailbox{78A8B827-8920-40A5-8B2C-ED3DB4B764F7}/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/schema-root/microsoft/ExchangeV1

Also, my EVServers.txt file list the cluster and this email server (both as a cluster and a standalone server - I tried several combinations.

Where do I start working this through?

F:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\OWA>cscript backend2000setup.wsf /gc:node5.nth
p.org
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.6
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1996-2001. All rights reserved.

Version: 5.6
Setup started at: 4/21/2006 3:23:52 PM
Configuring Exchange virtual server: NTMAILCLUSTER
ERROR: Failed to get Exchange server from Active Directory, found 0 matching ent
ries.
Configuring Exchange virtual server: NTMAIL
Configuring mailbox information stores...
Configuring mailbox information store: Third Mailbox Store (NTMAIL) - Remote Off
ices
ERROR: ADO connection error: -2147217895 Object or data matching the name, range
, or selection criteria was not found within the scope of this operation.
ERROR: Failed to make ADO connection to: http://NTMAIL/exadmin/admin/nthp.org/mb
x/SystemMailbox{78A8B827-8920-40A5-8B2C-ED3DB4B764F7}/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/schema-roo
t/microsoft/ExchangeV1
Configuring mailbox information store: Fourth Mailbox Store (NTMAIL) - VIP
ERROR: ADO connection error: -2147217895 Object or data matching the name, range
ERROR: Failed to make ADO connection to: http://NTMAIL/exadmin/admin/nthp.org/mb
x/SystemMailbox{19FE0374-37C6-4223-94AF-BEAEF1E74B07}/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/schema-roo
t/microsoft/ExchangeV1
Configuring mailbox information store: Second Mailbox Store (NTMAIL)
x/SystemMailbox{8C90D776-617B-4EA9-AA59-D1B1CD3319B4}/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/schema-roo
t/microsoft/ExchangeV1
Configuring mailbox information store: First Mailbox Store (NTMAIL)
x/SystemMailbox{185DA6B0-2884-4B7F-9C01-8969FDA65E94}/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/schema-roo
t/microsoft/ExchangeV1
Configuring public folder information stores...
Configuring public folder information store: Public Folder Store (NTMAIL)
Configuring HTTP virtual servers...
Configuring HTTP virtual server: Exchange Virtual Server (NTMAIL)
WARNING: Forms virtual directory already exists, skipping configuration
Configuring public folder virtual directories...
Configuring public folder virtual directory: public
WARNING: Virtual directory EnterpriseVaultpublic already exists, skipping config
uration.
Configuring mailbox virtual directories...
Configuring mailbox virtual directory: Exchange
WARNING: Virtual directory EnterpriseVaultExchange already exists, skipping conf
iguration.
Configuring proxy bypass list...
Setup finished with errors at: 4/21/2006 3:24:01 PM
16 REPLIES 16

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
have you tried running This script from the command line?

Cscript backend2000setup.wsf /regform /formregmbx:(get system MB from .wsf log) /dnsdomain:(smtp domain of the system mailbox)

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
I hadn't but just did. Here's what I got

Configuring Exchange virtual server: NTMAILCLUSTER
ERROR: Failed to get Exchange server from Active Directory, found 0 matching ent
ries.
Configuring Exchange virtual server: NTMAIL
Configuring mailbox information stores...
Configuring mailbox information store using given mailbox: SystemMailbox{78A8B82
7-8920-40A5-8B2C-ED3DB4B764F7}/dnsdomain:nthp.org
x/SystemMailbox{78A8B827-8920-40A5-8B2C-ED3DB4B764F7}/dnsdomain:nthp.org/NON_IPM
_SUBTREE/schema-root/microsoft/ExchangeV1

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
Any more thoughts on this one?

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
Well folks, it looks lilke no one is going to take on this tough case, despite the high number of hits since I put the question out there. Off to support@veritas.com!

If I get a response, I will post it here.

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
I'm sure you did it properly but can you type the cscript command that you used just to make sure you put in the correct dnsdomain?

Scratch that about the 2 schema roots, I just read your original post.Message was edited by:
Jason Szeto

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
Sure. From the \Program Files\Enterprise Vault\OWA directory, I entered:

cscript backend2000setup.wsf /regform /formregmbx:SystemMailbox{78A8B827-8920-40A5-8B2C-ED3DB4B764F7} /dnsdomain:nthp.org

Jason_Szeto
Level 6
Ok, looks right. nthp.org is your company's email address correct?

Can you double check that system mailbox is using nthp.org and it's email address?

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
Thanks. Yes, it is using nthp.org as its email domain.

Do the CDO errors mean there could be a pre-installation problem? I did not do anything on the Exchange servers before running the OWA config. Does it being a cluster mean anything?

Chris_Barnes
Level 4
Partner
Was there ever a solution to this problem. I am experiencing the same problem.

Thanks,

Chris

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
Not yet. I have been trying email support. I will post any useful response I get back.

Rick_Krieger_-_
Level 3
Couple quick things to try...

Make sure you have a replica of the schema-root in a public folder on the exchange server you are running the script on (or at least on a server in your admin group / site.)

Run the script with just the /dnsdomain:nthp.org switch.

Run the script with nothing specified.

Chris_Barnes
Level 4
Partner
Are you logged into the root domain? I solved the ADO connection problems by logging into the root domain. Even though the ADO connection problems are resolved I am getting the following errors after trying to connect the the system mailboxes for each store:

: Found 0 matching system mailbox(es)

I have tried one and a combination of all of the following:

/formreg
/formregmbx:SystemMailbox{garbage} that corresponds to each storage group
/formregdomain:domain.com
/dnsdomain:domain.com
/smtpdomain:domain.com
/basicdomain:domain.com

I am not sure this post helps.

Chris
/gc:fqdn.globalcat.com

Chris_Barnes
Level 4
Partner
I solved my ADO connections errors by taking a recommendation from support. I checked the SMTP address for the SystemMailbox associated with the storage groups and ensured that the default address was set as primary.

Michael_Corco1
Level 4
No matter which option I choose, the error keeps saying it can't find this URL (below). I can't find it in IIS once it gets to the NON_IPM part:

http://NTMAIL/exadmin/admin/nthp.org/mbx/SystemMailbox{78A8B827-8920-40A5-8B2C-ED3DB4B764F7}/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/schema-root/microsoft/ExchangeV1

Any ideas what that could be?

Lone-Wolf
Level 3
check with MS ok for 2000? but if you shcema folders are missing:

If schema folders are missing, that is, not present under the ipm subtree, setting the following registry key to a REG_DWORD value of 0, causes the schema to be repopulated:

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\MSExchangeIS\Parameters\Schema\

Flappyhead
Level 4
I too am experiencing a similar problem. You can see the full details here...

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=106&thread.id=15564

The issues I am having is trying to completely uninstall OWA extensions so I can re-install them for they aren't working. Our company upgraded to EV2007 and I thought this might fix the extensions but it didn't. Looking at the logs from when the installation was first done, there are errors, and there are similar errors trying to uninstall the OWA extensions

I have logged a call with Symantec and will post the result on the forum (above).

-Richard