Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2003 and Domain Controller on one machine

RVD
Level 5
Partner

Hi,

! experiencing a SHOWSTOPPER! 

I know that it is not best practice to have an Exchange server installed on a DC, but this is the case at one my customers.

Problem:

When I want to add the Exchange server as a target, this is what I get:

Adding domain : OK

Adding Exchange server : "No Mailboxes Found" when I want to specify the system mailbox for EV.

I already did many Ev installation before, never had problemes at this stage.

EV service account has all the rights needed (local admin and full control on Exchange server incl. 'Send as' and 'receive as' )

One thing (although all prerequisite rights are correctly set) is that the Deplyment scanner complains about:

" The user THESEDAYS\evserv does not have the required Exchange Administrator permissions (including 'send as' and 'receive as' permissions) on server postit.thesedays.com or the Active Directory Permissions could not be read for that server."

The EV service account is not member of the 'Domain Admins' group. I only added the account in the 'Administrators' group of the domain which is the only option when you install an Exchange instance on a DC(and this group has no deny rights for 'send as' and 'receive as' ...)

Anyone any ideas?

Thx,

Rudy

1 REPLY 1

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Rudy

Try logging on with the Service Account, then try sending E-Mail on behalf of another User.

Does this work?

/Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.