Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 Archives to Enterprise Vault

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Hello

Recently I was working in a case where we needed to merge and external organization with our environment (Exchange 2010 SP1 RU6, Enterprise vault 9.0.1.10.73)

They had Exchange 2010 archives, which we approached in a way that we exported PSTs of those archives from that environment - Enabled archives using EVPM on our side and ran manual PST import wizard (I wasn't sure that those exported PSTs will have marker that EV can leverage for PST Migrator task)

I was wondering if there is another way arounnd for same than above? in EV9 or EV10?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

sounds like it might be a good candidate for TransVault Migrator. it's able to automate the process and also provide full reporting and auditing on the data that's being migrated.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

sounds like it might be a good candidate for TransVault Migrator. it's able to automate the process and also provide full reporting and auditing on the data that's being migrated.

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Export the archive to pst:

New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox MAILBOXNAME –IsArchive -FilePath \\SERVERNAME\PSTFileShare\MAILBOXNAME.pst

When you have a PST, import it into Enterprise Vault.

AKL
Level 6
Certified

Thanks ZeroCool - As I mentioned that's how I did, exported PST and imported manually into Enterprise vault, but catch with that is:

Consider we have 2000 Exchange 2010 archives, with  no EV PST markers (cannot use PST Migrator task) - Running 2000 manual wizards is a pain for any admin.

Andrew, can you provide me more details on Transvault Migrator please?

AndrewB

i'd be happy to. if you dont mind, send me a PM with the best way to contact you and i'll help get you going.