cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange 2010 with DAG EV9.04

DelphineFR
Level 5

Here something strange.

Seems all working, but I have an alert on the EV console.

"

It is more than 7 days since Enterprise Vault found items to archive from any mailboxes on Exchange Server 'EXCHANGE'.

Last archive submission: 1/16/2013 10:47 AM

Mail is not being archived from the mailboxes. There is likely to be a build up of unarchived mail that will increase the mailbox sizes. The unarchived mail is not available to discovery applications.

The problem is most likely to be that the archiving policy has been modified incorrectly or that Enterprise Vault was in backup mode at the time of the check.

But I dont understand what where and why ? Server are up, and working (I could chose to use the archive task for some of the email on it).

So what is wrong and where could I found what's is missing because this error is quit small ?

thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Bonjour Delphine,

If you have no 'active' mailboxes on the Exchange 2010 server, then the message is correct :)

What you might want to do is:

create a testmailbox. send some mails to it.

Create a seperate provisioning group, and archiving policy for that specific mailbox. Set the archiving policy to archive everything older than 1 day. Run provisioning, enable that mailbox. Sync the mailbox. Run the task in reportmode. You SHOULD see this one mailbox in the report.

Check tomorrow if it archived.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

DelphineFR
Level 5

DelphineFR
Level 5
I try to use the report mode, but I dont find the log file under C:\Program Files\Enterprise Vault\Reports But I think that in fact there is no email to archive, because on my new exchange 2010 it's new mailbox for test enterprise vault. Could it be that ? If also you could help me to mad a log report?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Bonjour Delphine,

If you have no 'active' mailboxes on the Exchange 2010 server, then the message is correct :)

What you might want to do is:

create a testmailbox. send some mails to it.

Create a seperate provisioning group, and archiving policy for that specific mailbox. Set the archiving policy to archive everything older than 1 day. Run provisioning, enable that mailbox. Sync the mailbox. Run the task in reportmode. You SHOULD see this one mailbox in the report.

Check tomorrow if it archived.

Regards. Gertjan

DelphineFR
Level 5
Bonjour Gertjan ;) in fact I have an account on the server witch his report in the error message. But I could archive, I could check the email on the vault offline store. But maybe it's because I dont have more than 2 day mail archiving. it's that why the report mode dont made a log file ? I will create another policy because for now our policy is based on 2 month and pass it to 1 day. I will test it now. thanks for you help

DelphineFR
Level 5
you will right, with a new policy set to one day, the error alert disapears, but something strange happends. When I open my outlook with my new account with few email on it. Now with the new exchange policy. I push a manual vault synchronization, it show a broken icon say "unfinished" then I choose an email and use the icon to archive it. Then I push again a manual vault synch, and then the email gone on his vault store. Strange? or Normal ? Anyway, after that I refresh the consoleand re run a check, and the errors gone away! That why it's a warning and not a real error. Thanks again, I will monitor that to be sure that all is working (but it's seem working).

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

So the original post is talking about the scheduled task when it touches that server, it finds nothing to archive.

That sounds like it is okay in your environment because you have no 'old' mail.

Manually archiving, and doing Vault Cache synchs are completely different - I'd suggest a different forum post to discuss issues you might have there.

Working for cloudficient.com

DelphineFR
Level 5
Hi Rob, I dont have issu, as one email gone by a manual archive, the vault sync work alway. I need to test more and more. For now as you know i'm still OWA issu, so before put some key user on my new architecture I need to wait. and test that with new test email is not the best "test" I could. Anyway I think in a normal use, all seems fine.