cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Hotfix Advise?

Jun1or
Level 5

Hi

I am advised that if I install an service pack or a hotfox on a Exchange server it will affect users accessing archived emails, until I run a script, can someone please advise if this is the case?

We have 2 backend exchange servers and 1 front end (OWA), I need to install a hotfix on the exchange servers, the hotfix doesn't require a reboot.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jun1or
Level 5

installing the hotfix did break Iowa, however reinstalling ev owa extensions resolved the issue.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

in the case of OWA, yes, hotfixes can occasionally cause the OWA addins to stop working which is usually solved by reinstalling them. if you've done any customizations, make a backup copy of your web.conf files before installing.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What is the hotfix?  Does it affect OWA, or is it related to other Exchange components?  If it's just "other" Exchange components, then you will likely have no problem.  If it's OWA the Compatibility Guide lists the hotfixes that we "support".

Working for cloudficient.com

AndrewB

do you know the specific hotfix that needs to be installed?

Jun1or
Level 5

This is the hotfix

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909802

This will be installed on both exchange servers not OWA.

AndrewB

since it's not an OWA hotfix i don't see what the problem would be or what script you would have to run.

Jun1or
Level 5

Thanks Andrew, I will install the hotfix and update.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

FWIW AndrewB is right, as it's not an OWA hotfix you should be good to go.  (Of course I would still always test these sort of things in a lab environment first)

Working for cloudficient.com

Jun1or
Level 5

installing the hotfix did break Iowa, however reinstalling ev owa extensions resolved the issue.

AndrewB

Jun1or, if you refer to my first reply to your first post, that is exactly what I suggested.