cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Journal task fails with Event id 3144

Jeffrey_Kusters
Level 3

Hi,

I'm implementing Enterprise Vault 2007 with the Discovery and Compliance 2007 Accelerators at my client's site. After installing and configuring the environment the Exchange Journal Task refuses to run and fails with:

Event Type:Error

Event Source:Enterprise Vault

Event Category:Journal Task

Event ID:3144

Date:13-11-2008

Time:10:00:30

User:N/A

Computer:SEV001

Description:Failed whilst initializing the Filter Controller.

The agent will now shut down as it cannot reliably continue. Error: Invalid pointer [0x80004003]

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://evevent.symantec.com/rosetta/showevent.asp

I found KB http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286958.htm which makes me check the journaltask.exe.config. As far as I can tell everything is correctly configured in this file. My SQL server is DB007, my CA customer database is called 'EVCA' and the CA configuration database is called 'EVConfiguration'. 

The contents of the journaltask.exe.config file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<configuration>

<appSettings>

<add key="DSN" value="server=DB007;Encrypt=true;Integrated Security=true;Initial Catalog=EVCA;Connection Timeout=500" />

<add key="DSNConfiguration" value="server=DB007;Encrypt=true;Integrated Security=true;Initial Catalog=EVConfiguration;Connection Timeout=500" />

<add key="DirectoryDSN" value="packet size=4096;Encrypt=true;integrated security=SSPI;data source=;persist security info=False;initial catalog=EnterpriseVaultDirectory" />

<add key="Event Application Log Source Name" value="EV Compliance Accelerator" /> <add key="Stop Journaling On Error" value="Yes" />

</appSettings>

<runtime>

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common" publicKeyToken="26c5e2ccf2b9267c" />

<codeBase version="7.5.0.1250" href="file:///D:\Enterprise Vault\KVS.EnterpriseVault.Common.dll" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-63555.63555.63555.63555" newVersion="7.5.0.1250" />

</dependentAssembly>

</assemblyBinding>

</runtime>

</configuration>

Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks,

Jeffrey 

0 REPLIES 0