Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Journaling

Anthony_Ng
Level 4
Partner
Hi all,

I am implementing EV 7.5 for my customer and everything seems well. Got a question from my customer but did not manage to get an answer. I hope this forum can help me on the question below.

1) Since i have set up EV journaling for my Exchange. In an event that i need to retrieve the mails from my journaling how should i go about it? I cannot see anything from my AE and all my journal emails will be archive and delete from the mailbox after a day. If i need to retrieve those like a year ago, how should i go about it? Any way i can view my Archived journal emails?

Hope you can help me on this. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
If you are talking about for a legal discovery purpose they should use Discovery Accelerator.

If you are needing to just find a particuliar email you can give a user permission on the Journal archive and then they can use the Web Search.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
If you are talking about for a legal discovery purpose they should use Discovery Accelerator.

If you are needing to just find a particuliar email you can give a user permission on the Journal archive and then they can use the Web Search.

Anthony_Ng
Level 4
Partner
Tks. But by the way how should i check via the web? I know giving permission in the journal store will set the necessary permission to the user. Really have no idea on how to retrieve/view my EV journal archived.

TonySterling
You aren't familiare with the web search?

Anthony_Ng
Level 4
Partner
Hi Tony,

Thank you for your advice. In EV 6.5, i remember there is a Desktop search feature but i seem not able to find it in 7.5. I will try it out. Tks alot.

Anthony_Ng
Level 4
Partner
Hi,

I managed to get it up but now my user got one question, what happen if the user left the company and account have been disable or deleted and they want to check back on the mail they this ex-user have in journaling? Can i assume that they got to used Discovery Accelerator to do it? Tks.

Sortid
Level 6
It's done the same way as before.  All messages are journaled in the Journal mailbox.  To check the journal mailbox use web search, or use Discovery Accelerator and run a report.  If the person requires access to the deleted user's archive directly, you will need to add permissions on the archive for the person to view it.