cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exchange Mailbox Archiving Task (in report mode) is not generating a report

scottbreen
Level 3

Version: Symantec Enterprise Vault 9.0.4

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem at the moment so I changed ticked "Run in report mode" on the task im interested in, restarted the archving task and did a Run Now on all mailboxes.

After it finished, no report was generated in the Enterprise Vault\Reports folder. Reports from other processes have been generated (ie. provisioning, moved items, PST exports, PST mig, etc).

The only left field thing I can think of is that this has been broken since moving from Windows Server 2003 (32 bit) to Windows Server 2008  R2 (64 bit), but all other services and reports are working... unless there is some reference somewhere preventing the report from getting created. I'm running a dtrace on the archiving task now to see if any obvious errors turn up.

Has anyone had this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Now I'm on a PC, rather than iPad ..

Did you tick this?

When did you a Run Now, what did you select?

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Do you mean you edited the properties of the task, and selected the check box 'run in report mode'? If that's the case that ONLY affects the scheduled run of the task. If you then do a RUN NOW on the task, and want a report, you should pick the 'report' option in the list, and then allow it to proceed.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Now I'm on a PC, rather than iPad ..

Did you tick this?

When did you a Run Now, what did you select?

scottbreen
Level 3
Ah... so this is what happens when you don't look at Enterprise Vault for a while.. You forget how to do the basics! Thanks for that :)

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

You're welcome - glad to have helped.