cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude Placeholders from being backed up with regular files

Sunshine_Baines
Level 3
Our throughput for backups is not what I would like it to be with CA Arcserve 12.5.  Is there a way to exclude placeholders from being backed up in CA Arcserve 12.5 (I'm thinking the placeholders is killing my throughput).  We are running Enterprise Vault 8 SP2 on windows 2003 ENT.  The file servers are running windows 2003 enterprise in a MS cluster.  I was thinking that we could exclude placeholders from being backed up with our files that are not archived on the file servers.  I was going to try to create a separate job for placeholders, but I'm unable to locate where to exclude offline files and to include offline files. 

Any info is greatly appreciated.  Please let me know if this is not a practical configuration or if I should stay away from configuring it this way.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Krister
Level 5
Dont know if Arcserve has the possibility to exclude offline files but you could also set the EV in backup mode.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hey ya,
That would actually be a question for CA wouldn't it? 

Regards.

Krister
Level 5
Dont know if Arcserve has the possibility to exclude offline files but you could also set the EV in backup mode.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Krister is correct, there is this process that puts the file server in backup mode.

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/287761.htm