cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extracting entire mailbox to PST?

mgodwin
Level 2

If an Exchange mailbox has some content in the Exchange database, and some content archived to EV, what happens when you export the entire mailbox to PST from Exchange?

If exporting from Exchange is not the correct way, can you export all mailbox contents to PST from EV first, and then export what's left in Exchange to PST?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you export just from Exchange you will end up with shortcuts and not the original items.

You can either restore the archive back to Exchange using the Archive Export Wizard to restore the items back to the mailbox or archive the entire mailbox and then use the Archive Export Wizard to export the archive to PST.

I guess it would be possible to to Export the archive to a PST and then use that PST when you Export from Exchange but I have never attempted that.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

If you export just from Exchange you will end up with shortcuts and not the original items.

You can either restore the archive back to Exchange using the Archive Export Wizard to restore the items back to the mailbox or archive the entire mailbox and then use the Archive Export Wizard to export the archive to PST.

I guess it would be possible to to Export the archive to a PST and then use that PST when you Export from Exchange but I have never attempted that.