cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA Agent remote install on Win 2008

juggernaut1
Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
Having trouble installing agent remotely on win 2008, no firewall is on, checked the remote registry and local service and local admin is vault service account.. when I go to remote install it goes through  copying of files then access denied.. here is the drace…

DTrace attached.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

juggernaut1
Level 5
it wasn't a domain controller  and i also added it in to local admin group as well... I think i found the problem in UAC, there a couple that were still enable but I was unable to test due to a reboot and this was a production server.  I had to manually install the FSA agent.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
Is the machine you're pushing to a domain controller?
Working for cloudficient.com

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited
Also Check the .net framework 3.5 SP1 or higher is installed on the target client.  I've found this to be a requirement for 8.0 SP4. Which version are you trying to install?

I would focus my attention to C:\Documents and Settings\vaultmgmt\Local Settings\Temp\1\EVInstall.log

The installation log would be more helpful to provide the cause of failure. if you could post it here we should be able to assist more.

Cheers

Andres

AndresMunoz
Level 5
Partner Accredited

What was I thinking...? cheeky

If the file copy is failing, I would suggest to check your EV service account rights.

As you are aware it should be local admin on the target system. However, this would be a problem if your FSA target is also a domain controller as suggested by Rob Above.

I have never done this on a production system, only on my laptop lab, and the only way around this was to make the account member of the Builtin Administrators group on the Domain Controller.

Let me know if this helps.

juggernaut1
Level 5
it wasn't a domain controller  and i also added it in to local admin group as well... I think i found the problem in UAC, there a couple that were still enable but I was unable to test due to a reboot and this was a production server.  I had to manually install the FSA agent.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I think the UAC part of things is described in the Install & Config guide?
Working for cloudficient.com

juggernaut1
Level 5

I didn't see UAC but it did mention Firewall...

gmackinn
Level 4
Partner Accredited
I had a push install fail in our lab but manual install was fine for a test W2K8 file server. Didn't look into it too much. We do all our production file server installs manually as we can see exactly what is happening and control any reboots..