cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA Recalling issues

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Hi all

I was just wondering if any of you guys have ever had this problem, we are trying to recall a file about 15 gigs in size, and we keep getting a user time out error does anyone know how I can recall this file?

regards,

Rob
6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
What version of EV are you running? There was a change in sp1 that should have helped that.

Restoring large files from Placeholders
Opening or copying a FSA Placeholder failed if the archived file was larger than memory available on the Storage Service computer. The error received by the user was specific to the application that was being used to the open the Placeholder.

This has been fixed. Large files (.DVF files) are now recalled as multiple segments.

If that is not your issue, then you could try uping the asp page time out in IIS I guess.

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Hi Tony

We are running EV 6 sp 1 and it still gives me the error, I will try changing the IIS setting but (cannot remember if I had tired that).

Will let you know how it turns out

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
How long does it take to time out? Is there anything in the IIS logs? Additionally, you could dtrace the placeholder service to see if it reveals anything relevant.

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Don't try upgrading to sp2 until after the 20th, a critical FSA patch is coming out.

micah

Robert_dos_Ramo
Level 4
Thanks for the heads up, what is the problem with FSA sp2?

Micah_Wyenn_2
Level 6
Partner Accredited
It's Ev6.0sp2 that has the problem. Apparently the sql db's lock up and hold the shares as slaves. Basically all in all, FSA just stops working.

micah