cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA Reporting - can not enable

Robert_Primozic
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi I upgraded my EV site from EV 8 SP3 to SP4. Since I had EV 8 SP3 on 32bit Windows 2008 SP2 (which is unfortunatly unspported in SP4) I have to built a new 64 bit installation of Windows 2008 SP2, name it as a old one and assign same IP. So far so good and istallation went smoothly (as a rebuild server with EV 8 SP3). First problem was with FSA reporting... I noticed that virtual directory in IIS EnterpriseVaultFSAReporting missed and I got Event ID 4216 in EnterpriseVault Event Log. I did not found any document how to recreate this virtual directory... I found a few instructions how to rebuild FSA Reporting but neither of them was succesful... Next logical step was to manually recreate that virtual directory from old machine (application pool, permissions, phisycal path) and I almost won... But still can not enable FSA Reporting... No matter what I click to enable FSA Reporting, next time I click on same propertie fild, items are unselected. Just look like system does not memories my selection... Now I stucked... So has anybody any idea how to solve this issue?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

There was this thread awhile back https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/uninstalling-ev-803-event-41197 you might want to give it a read.

I would recommend opening a case.  I have a feeling something is going to have to be changed in SQL and support should be giving you guidance.

Regards,
Tony

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mark_Shoger
Level 4
Employee
Hi Robert,

What are your archiving targets? I've seen similar behavior when trying to target NetApp filers, but I've not seen the scenario you're describing.

When I've encountered this in the past, the path I usually take it to re-create the FSA Reporting database using the command line tool. It's fairly complex, and is well documented in the "Troubleshooting FSA Reporting" doc you can get by Googling for that doc name.

Hope that helps,

Mark

Robert_Primozic
Level 4
Hi

My archiving target is Windows 2008 R2 file server - failover cluster. I did try  to re-create Reporting database..
Maybe I am blind, but I did not see how to upgrade from EV8 SP3 to EV8 SP4 if you have EV reside on 32bit Windows 2008 SP2... The way I took was to rebuild EV server (like disaster recovery) using 64 bit platform instead 32 bit platform... And obviously repair procedure did not repair everything succesfuly. FSA Reporting web site was missing, FSA Reporting does not work.. Is this a bug or I blow something?

So any other suggestions?
Maybe how to completly remove FSA reporting? How to reinstall it?

Thank you

Robert

TonySterling

There was this thread awhile back https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/uninstalling-ev-803-event-41197 you might want to give it a read.

I would recommend opening a case.  I have a feeling something is going to have to be changed in SQL and support should be giving you guidance.

Regards,
Tony

Robert_Primozic
Level 4

Thanks  for homework smiley. This is my test enviroment (playground, before I do some stupidy in my customers production) so I am a bit confusing open a case or not...

What would you do in my position regardin that this is test enviroment?

Regards
Robert

TonySterling

If you have a valid support contract then you should be ok, especially if the test environment mirrors the production site.

Honestly, if it were me and I was working in a lab I would be looking at the SQL tables to see if I see anything wrong and try to fix.  HOWEVER, before I made a change in a production enviroment I would open a case and verify a SQL change.  At the very least you could get some Symantec approved documented steps on how to remove FSA Reporting.