cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA agent deplyment automation

dksoft
Level 4

Good day.

Can we help to find out how to bulk deploy the FSA agent on ~150 file servers... I can't find any information  neither about silent .msi deploiment, nor about available switches for FSA agent msi...

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

have you added them as targets in EV? The agent should be deployed as part of that process.

dksoft
Level 4

Not yet... We plan to archive all File servers and all newly deplyed file servers. I need to package the FSA agent and install it at advance using Tivoli.... That's my approach. Then, i will create targets gradually on clustered EV.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

can i ask why is that? in some cases the agent cant be pushed due to firewall issues or something like that but you don't mention such a restriction in your environment.

dksoft
Level 4

Yes, i can explain.

1. We have firewalls between EV and File Servers (very high security env.)

2. The push install DO NOT work if EV is installed in Win2008R2 and the destination is Windows 2003 32bits.(my case)

3. We need automate de deployment process  

4. The product (FSA Agent) must be internally certified, packaged and deployed from Tivoli

5. No manual (or from comsole) installation is permitted on production servers (but I can install something twice per year manually).

:) Amazing project!