cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA archiving - is it possible temporarily to prevent users from retrieving archived files?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have temporary issue with disk space and if it's possible to prevent users to further more fill the space by opening the spaceholders for archived files and bring back the whole item - that'd be great. So ist it possible and how do I do it?

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

plaudone
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

The easiest way to do this would be to disable the Placeholder service on the file server.  This will cause errors, but stop items from being recalled.  

Also, you could configure pass-through recall on another disk for targets on that volume so the items are recalled to that folder instead of the original location.  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What version of EV? You're running on space where? The EV server, or the file server?  Recalling all the items is only going to mean more space used...

Working for cloudficient.com

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

EV version 9sp3 running on win server 2003 R2.

They are out of space on the file server and yes recalling items is the thing they want to prevent temporarily as that's using more space if ppl keep opening archived files.

plaudone
Level 5
Employee Accredited Certified

The easiest way to do this would be to disable the Placeholder service on the file server.  This will cause errors, but stop items from being recalled.  

Also, you could configure pass-through recall on another disk for targets on that volume so the items are recalled to that folder instead of the original location.  

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thank you for your responses you've been very helpful!

I'll get to know what it is and how the pass-through recall works.

Sani B.