Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSA items open in IE but not via stub

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

Currently upragded to ev 9.0.2 and now when you double click on a stubb the item does not return but if you go via the search it work 100%.

Server 2008 R2.

Any ideas, trying to recreate the placeholder at the moment to see if that work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

Turned out to be something stupid. Feel a little embarssed about it but basic authentication was set on IIS so once we removed that everything was working.

blush

Only reason why i did not think of that was because you where never prompted for a username or password. It would just return the error. Anyway sorry if I wasted you guys time.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Where the placeholders are located? NTFS? Ensure then that the EVPlaceholder service it is up and running in the server where the placeholders.

Dtrace the EVPlaceholderservice in the file server where the placeholders reside while trying to recall the information.

Post the log here.

If the placeholders are located in an EMC Netapp , Celera or Centera, lets us know. The troubleshooting will be then different.

Regards.

Darren_Locke
Level 6
Employee

If it is a Windows file server, then while you shouldn't need to, it is probably best to get the FSA Agent on the file server up to 9.0.2 as well if you haven't already. There should be no need to recreate placeholders. The underlying placeholder format has not changed between releases.

Darren

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

It is indeed a FSA. with regards to the dtrace what services do I need to monitor. I also followed this tech note but no luck

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH50661

Gonz
Level 5
Employee

Dtrace the EVPlaceholderservice in the File Server where the placeholders are located.

Normally:

c:\program files\enterprise vault\dtrace (Intro)

set evplaceholderservice v (Intro)

log c:\placeholderservice.log (Intro)

Then try to access the placeholder.

Apart from the technote that you checked, ensure that the connection between the File Server and the Enterprise Vault it is direct (not proxied)

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

Turned out to be something stupid. Feel a little embarssed about it but basic authentication was set on IIS so once we removed that everything was working.

blush

Only reason why i did not think of that was because you where never prompted for a username or password. It would just return the error. Anyway sorry if I wasted you guys time.