cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to perform the search request

Sofiane_bekhedd
Level 3
Hello
In my EV site I have 3 Vault stores with the same permissions; the archive search runs well for two stores, but when I select the third the message below appears:

Failed to perform the search request

Do you have any issues for this problem?
Thnx
3 REPLIES 3

Sergy_Stouk
Level 3
Had similar issue which took 2 weeks to trobleshoot together with Symantec Support. The asumption was always on the Permissions and at the end it turned out to be Search Index issue.

Please do the following to fix these:
Right-click on the archive and get the Archive ID under the Advanced Tab (copy it)
In the EV Directory find:
IndexVolumeReplay.exe
Paste the Archive ID at the top and select "All Volumes" radio button, click Search
Right-Click and select "Update"
This will update the Search Index table based on the Archive Index.
It might take long time and you have to make sure to not stop Vault Services at any point while this re-indexing runs.
Stopping Vault Services while the Search tabls were re-indexed was, most probably the reason for this to happen as I also have some Search indexes that are OK and some not - but proving to be the slower/larger indexes.
The reasons are just IMHO TBHMessage was edited by:
Sergy Stouk

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
The suggestion to do an update is a fair one if the index is marked as failed which indexvolumereply would report.

FYI Sergy, the option you mention is update(which isn't wrong) but what it does is just request that EV once again tries to add items ot the index, it's not like it rebuilds the entire index, it just adds items that need to be added to the index. So it can be very quick indeed.

What EV does, is if it gets problems add items ot an index a consequtive number of times, it marks the index as failed (to stop further errors being reported). So you can then use the update command to get EV to try again. You should then investigate the ev event log and avtrace.log file(within the index) to see why the index has marked as failed and resolve that root cause.

Sofiane_bekhedd
Level 3
Hello all
I re-built the index for my vault store, than the search is running. Same action for another store used for old pst migration, than the migration process became very quicker.

Thank you for your help and for sharing experience.
Sincerely
Sofiane BEKHEDDA