cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Server Arching Policy advice

EVSpinner
Level 5

We have a file server archiving policy that archives items (for certain file types) that are older than a year.

Archive point is \\peace\staffshare

I have been asked to archive items in a sub folder of this share with a different policy (ie archive items older than 1 month)

The policy against \\peace\staffshare is a volume policy, so can I then configure a folder policy against what I want to exclude?

I am using the following as a resource:

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=HOWTO56317

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes thats correct, Folder policy can be used to override the Volume policy of parent folder.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Yes thats correct, Folder policy can be used to override the Volume policy of parent folder.

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

You can configure option "Ignore volume rules for this folder" in the Folder Properties inside the Target section in Vault Admin Console.

Folder option.JPG

EV_Ajay
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Hi,

Do you have any updates on this thread? Do you need more assistance regarding this topic?

If not then please mark the post that best solves your problem as the answer to this thread.

EVSpinner
Level 5

Hi Ajay, thanks for asking - actually there is something else. I've setup and configured as I've been advised, I'm performing a RunNow in report mode to test its working as required. Many thanks for your help - I will remember to update this thread as soon as I have it working 100%