cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File Server PlaceHolder - Unexpected Rebooting

Martins
Level 3

Hi People,

Let me try to make a shortcut about my problem. We had a Windows 2003 SP1 file server with PlaceHolder SP3, Backup Exec 5.3 and Symantec Antivirus installed. Since January this server reboot unexpected at least twice by day causing many users problems.

So, We installed other server on other hardware with the same configurations (win2003 SP1 +updates, placeholder, etc, etc) and we made the migration on the last saturday. Our objective was to solve the reboot problems.

Unhappy today at 02:30pm the new file server rebooted at the same form of the old fileserver. The event log is the same too. (See below)

Please anybody has any suggestion for this case? I have already opened one call on symantec but any help is welcome. In my opinion there is a conflict between the Backup exec and placeholder.

Please help..

Elvecio

Obs:. (The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f (0x00000008, 0xf773ffe0, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP)
AND  (The reason supplied by user DOMHIAE\_GTSPLGDM for the last unexpected shutdown of this computer is: System Failure: Stop error Reason

5 REPLIES 5

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

What's the case reference number?

Martins
Level 3
Case 281-135-796

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
sorry to be a pain.  Can you double check that number as I couldn't find it on the systems.

Martins
Level 3
Yes, That's correct.

Martins
Level 3
People,

Anybody may help me?

The situation is critical because the file server is rebooting each 02 hours by day. Appears the following erros in the event viewer:
- Source:System Error; EventID: 1003;  Description:800042000
Source:System Error; EventID: 1004; Description:f7737fe0

Several systems of the company need of this file server. So when it reboot unexpected is a chaos.

I have already a Case (281-135-796)  opened at symantec.

Any help is WELCOME!!!!

MArtins