cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File recall question

Sortid
Level 6

Hi, I'm using EV 2007 SP4.  I recently had an issue where some files weren't recalling.  I got errors saying it couldn't recall, and when trying to open from Archive Explorer I got an error about "GetOnlineAttachmentFileSize 0x7".  To get around it I had to go into Archive Explorer and copy the file back to original location which restored the file and all was well.  There were errors in the event log saying there was an  internal error on the web server.

We have 2 servers in EV, one for email archiving, one for FSA.  The email server is the web server in the Site (right-click site - properties - Web Access application URL).  I jumped onto that one and found a heap of warnings in the EV event log about there being no storage to recall the file.  There was plenty of physical storage on all servers, so I took a guess and recycled the EV application pool.  As far as I can tell, all files can now be recalled.

Can someone tell me how this issue comes about and whether I should be proactively recycling it on a regular basis? 

My understanding is (and stop me if i'm wrong) if I need to take the email server down for maintenance, then that means no one can recall files, as the placeholders make a http request to the Site web server, which in my case is the email archive server.  If I change the Site web server to the FSA server, would this get around that issue?  How do other organisations protect against this, do they use a load balancing address as the site address?

Thanks,

Cam.

2 REPLIES 2

John_Chisari
Level 6
Partner Accredited
I am not sure why the application pool needed recycling and in normal practice you shouldn't need to do this, but you can change the webapp url to be just /EnterpriseVault - this is actually best practise to do this.

By doing this the client (email client, webapps, fsa server etc.) will generate the webapp url - which will be the archives storage server.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Do you need any more info here?
Please mark a post as a solution if it fits your needs.

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.