Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling permanent deleting items

Stephan76
Level 2
Partner

Hi together,

I have a question relating the "Number of days until items are permanently deleted" option in Enterprise Vault. We have a customer who has EV8.0 SP5 running and has mailbox archiving tasks and FSA tasks running on this server.

My questions are, if it is possible to devide the upper mentions option into a number of days for mailbox items and number of days for FSA items.

Another question is, is it possible to recall the pending deleted items depending of their type ? (FSA or Mailbox items)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Stephan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Stephan,

You are referring to the the deleted items recovery feature and this is for mailbox archives only and not for FSA so I believe that answers your first question.

Regarding the ability to recall the pedning deleted items then what actually happens is these items can still be recalled from a shortcut as the item has not been deleted and neither has the link to it within the SQL database and so that means that if the shortcut is still within the users mailbox then this recall request will work.

The item is removed from the index so the user will not be able to search for it from that respect. Currently there is no way for the user to recover the item but an EV admin has the ability to do this via the deleted items tab which can be found on the properties of the users archive.

Regards.....Paul.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Stephan,

You are referring to the the deleted items recovery feature and this is for mailbox archives only and not for FSA so I believe that answers your first question.

Regarding the ability to recall the pedning deleted items then what actually happens is these items can still be recalled from a shortcut as the item has not been deleted and neither has the link to it within the SQL database and so that means that if the shortcut is still within the users mailbox then this recall request will work.

The item is removed from the index so the user will not be able to search for it from that respect. Currently there is no way for the user to recover the item but an EV admin has the ability to do this via the deleted items tab which can be found on the properties of the users archive.

Regards.....Paul.

Stephan76
Level 2
Partner

Hi Paul,

sorry for the late response. I checked that out. Now it is clear for me. Thanks a lot for your help.

Stephan