cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove an empty EV site?

ANDREY_FYODOROV
Level 6

Hi all. 

Way back we were testing something and ended up creating a second EV site in our EV directory.

We then decided to not pursue the multi-site design idea and un-installed the [only] EV server from the second site.

However this did not remove the site object (with all of its sub-objects) from the directory.

How can I remove the empty site?

Can I just go to SQL and find all the tables in the Directory DB that have references to the SiteID of the empty site and remove those rows?

We are gearing up to upgrade our EV software version (finally), and I am afraid the empty site object may throw off the upgrade process.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Does it still show in the VAC?

then rightclick and delete.

For the upgrade, there should not be a problem I think.

Regards. Gertjan

ANDREY_FYODOROV
Level 6

Hmmm... No such option, maybe this is because I am still on v 7.0 SP1?  :)

vtosin
Level 3

Hi,

Can someone please let me know how to remove a site in EV 8.0. This is an empty site. I dont see any option of right clicking and delete

Thanks
Tosin

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

It will need to be done in SQL. Try and delete the site from the siteentry table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory. This will fail and tell you why and point you to another table where you will need to delete any references to that site and so on and so forth until you can delete the siteentry table row.

Be VERY VERY careful as you could very easily delete the incorrect settings by deleting settings from your 1st working site that you want.

Really this should be done with assistance from Symantec but if not then ensure that you have successful backups before you start hitting the delete button.