Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Clean up Failed PST Migrations

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi All

I'm doing a Server based PST migration for a customer with EV 10 SP4

As expected they are getting a quite few failed ingestions. These leave copy*.pst files in PST Temp and the PST Holding areas.

These are now becoming an issue taking up too much space and restricting the number of PSTs that can be migrated each day since the available space keeps decreasing for PST TEMP and filling up with these copy files.

I thought that by setting the PST back to "Do not migrate" would remove all of these copy*.pst files from these areas while the PST is troubleshooted and repaired.

Even deleting the PST from the console EV does not seem to clean itself up of all the associated copy files .

Has anyone seen this before or is it just a matter of manually finding all the PST Copy files and removing them, which lets face it does not scale well and a bit pants .

SP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Run SELECT * FROM PSTFile  I believe it will be in there.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TonySterling

Sorry, but pretty sure there is no automated way to clean those up.  You would need to remove them from the Holding area manually.

You could export a list of failed PSTs either from the Admin console or SQL and use that for reference.

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Tony

The issue is that the console does not list the associated COPY*.PST files

How do we get the PT files out of SQL for Failed PST Ingestions.

I guess there is a SQL query that can be used

Julian

TonySterling

Run SELECT * FROM PSTFile  I believe it will be in there.

SolarP
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Tony I will give it a go