cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bring back Accidentally Deleted User Archive Mailbox on Administration Console

astigtoits
Level 4

Hi,

Would be needing some help.

How to bring back Accidentally Deleted User Archive Mailbox on Administration Console

Thank you in advance.

With Mailbox.jpg

Without Mailbox.JPG

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello again.

Run the provisioning task. Verify in the provisioning report the user you want to recreate is showing in the report. In the VAC, enable the user again for archiving. If he does not show, then first try to disable, then enable. Once enabled, run a synchronization from the archiving task against that mailbox. Then perform a 'run now'. That should (re)create the archive.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

VirgilDobos

Hi mate,

It is possible that the user is still enabled in EV. Can you go through the Disable User wizard and see if the user still shows enabled. If so, disable it first then enable the user again.

--Virgil

GertjanA

As far as I recall, the provisioning report should be accessible via the properties of the Provisioning task (tab Reports), and should also be in folder ..\Enterprise Vault\Reports\Provisioning.

As for the issue you're seeing, Virgil is pointing to the right direction. below might be a solution for you.

--
-- Query to get accoutn show on Sync at task
--

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
UPDATE ExchangeMailboxEntry
SET MbxExchangeState = '0'
WHERE (MbxExchangeState = '2')
and (MbxDisplayName like '%part of name%')

Regards. Gertjan

8 REPLIES 8

VirgilDobos

Hi mate,

I'm afraid the only way to recover the archive is to perform a full EV recovery from backup.

--Virgil

Hi Virgil_Dobos,

Thanks dude.

But I just want to create again the Mailbox for the User that had been deleted. It is given that the archive emails gone but i would like to create new mailbox so that it can be archive again.

GertjanA

Hello again.

Run the provisioning task. Verify in the provisioning report the user you want to recreate is showing in the report. In the VAC, enable the user again for archiving. If he does not show, then first try to disable, then enable. Once enabled, run a synchronization from the archiving task against that mailbox. Then perform a 'run now'. That should (re)create the archive.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi GertjanA,

Thankz,

Can you help me on how/where to check the provisioning report. 

When checking :

mailb.JPG

Provisioning task already created for the user and restarted task.

mailba.JPG

Check mailboxes for enable and disable not seen.

mailbb.JPGmailbe.JPGmailbc.JPGmailbd.JPG

Again thanks in advance.

VirgilDobos

Hi mate,

It is possible that the user is still enabled in EV. Can you go through the Disable User wizard and see if the user still shows enabled. If so, disable it first then enable the user again.

--Virgil

Hi,

Tried restarting the SQL Server and check again for disable mailbox and user appears. 

Now can enable again the mailbox for the user.

Thank you for all the help.

Cheers to you all!

GertjanA

As far as I recall, the provisioning report should be accessible via the properties of the Provisioning task (tab Reports), and should also be in folder ..\Enterprise Vault\Reports\Provisioning.

As for the issue you're seeing, Virgil is pointing to the right direction. below might be a solution for you.

--
-- Query to get accoutn show on Sync at task
--

USE EnterpriseVaultDirectory
UPDATE ExchangeMailboxEntry
SET MbxExchangeState = '0'
WHERE (MbxExchangeState = '2')
and (MbxDisplayName like '%part of name%')

Regards. Gertjan

Hi GertjanA,

Yes it seem that when we restarted the SQL database, we were able to see the Disable Mailbox.

Thanks for your help.