cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Archive Explorer and Search Archive buttons to work externally?

Oderus
Level 3
Partner

I have 1 EV v9.0 server, 2 x CAS 2007 servers & 1 x TMG 2010 server.

Everything works properly internally or over VPN, that is, both Archive Explorer and Search Archive work as expected.

When external via the TMG 2010 server, both buttons give the same error when you click on them; a TMG authentication prompt & no amount of logging in will work. I've followed every document I could find although I never found a TMG article, just ISA 2006 which is essentially the same and it's setup properly.

Any ideas???

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Maverik
Level 6

Always quite complex to troubleshoot these type of issues, because it is simply what is causing the logon prompt. 

To do this basically I would do the following.

1: Install HTTP trace utility named Fiddler on external client. (just type fiddler in google you will find it)

2: Configure ISA logging.

3: Reproduce issue attempting to login twice.

4: Gather Fiddler Log, ISA log, IIS Log from CAS and EV Server and follow the request through. Any 401 for the request? perhaps.  Can you see the request getting past the ISA Server? Any other firewalls perhaps? If still no joy log a case with SYMC and provide them with the info I suggested and they can look further, or MS may be able to help as essentially this is IIS/ISA issue and EV just utiltizes these things.