Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to stop a scheduled run ?

sandrine_goetha
Level 6

Hello,

I got a question from the exchange responsible :

How is it possible to stop a scheduled run fro an exchange server ( 2010,2007.2003 :6 entities ) when they have a problem on this server.

We are using EV9 and what you have to know is that for historical reasons everything is so mixed up that we don't have 1 EV server for 1 Exchange server anymore.

When a mailbox is archived it can be stored on any EV server ( I have 9 of them).

Understand me well I can find out where it is going to happen by looking at my management console but.

So to stop the service an d empty the queues for this Ev server is not enough.

Could any of you give me a simple solution for the exchange people ?

Thank you so much for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Ok so in an emergency why not stop the task controller service? That would stop it prcessing... Then when you are available you can tidy up EV and bring task controller back up.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Ok I am not crystal clear on your question(s). But I will try to answer the parts I understand...

To stop a scheduled run you will need to purge the MSMQ's (A5 queue). Another thing to do is alter the schedule for the task that is causing issue....

sandrine_goetha
Level 6

Thank you Mohawk,

all that is clear for me but I wanted to know if there is another way to do it as in case in emergency I can not really ask them to go on all my EV servers ( 9) and do it.

Perhaps is there an easier way in such case : what they proposed me is to disable the"ev service account" .

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

If they disable the VSA it will do worse things than stop the full run. why not adjust the schedules for the tasks causing problems?

Otherwise you are stuck with MSMQ's on EV server(s).

sandrine_goetha
Level 6

No no you got me wrong they just want to know whta to do in emergency case

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Ok so in an emergency why not stop the task controller service? That would stop it prcessing... Then when you are available you can tidy up EV and bring task controller back up.

sandrine_goetha
Level 6

But do I have to stop the task controller on each EV server or just the one "archiving" the Exchange server which has problems?

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner

Just on the server that has the task causing issue.

sandrine_goetha
Level 6

Thank you for your help Marvin.