cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sync user's outlook with vaulted items

ErockN
Level 3

Hi everybody.

I recently started working at a company that had Evault enabled in the environment.  What I didn't know was that they had the "Shortcut Behavior" set to SHORTCUT ONLY.  At this point we have 1000's of users who are unaware that their vaults have far more items than what they can see in their outlook.

My question is simple.  Is there a way to have Vault sync with a users outlook.  In other words, if an item in vault can't be associated with a shortcut in the corresponding users outlook, can that vaulted item being automatically deleted.  We want the users to have the same items in vault as they have in their outlook view.

Hopefully I described this well enough.  ANY IDEAS??

Thanks everybody!

ErockN

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry for the late reply, I guess I missed this post.

Unfortunately there is not any feature in the product that will do what you want to do.

You could submit an idea in the Ideas section of Connect.  If the matter was extremly important you could see if a Partner could write something for you.

Vault Solutions has something that works with orphaned items, http://www.vault-solutions.com/ourproducts/orphaned-items-processing.html.  Might be worth a look.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Sorry for the late reply, I guess I missed this post.

Unfortunately there is not any feature in the product that will do what you want to do.

You could submit an idea in the Ideas section of Connect.  If the matter was extremly important you could see if a Partner could write something for you.

Vault Solutions has something that works with orphaned items, http://www.vault-solutions.com/ourproducts/orphaned-items-processing.html.  Might be worth a look.